Monday, January 18, 2010

Diamonds and Gold / Birthday Ride

I did my "Birthday Ride" today! (My birthday is actually tomorrow, but I'll be at work).
It was a beautiful warm day, it must have been around 45 degrees when I left at 10:30 and was hitting 55 by the time I rolled into the yard. I did a Cartoogechaye-Skeenah-Addington Bridge-Clarks Chapel loop of 27 miles. It felt great to be on the road bike after the deep-freeze temps we've been experiencing.

It was a perfect day for a ride, not a cloud in the sky, I saw three deer, lots of squirrels, and rabbits. All of us critters seemed to be enjoying the springtime weather.

As I was cruising through the county-side, Langhorne Slim came on my MP3 player to sing:

You can have all the diamonds, you can have all the gold,
But some day you're still gonna get old
You've got to learn to get happy, along the way

I couldn't agree with him more!

Here's some pics from the ride:


From Drop Box


From Drop Box


From Drop Box


From Drop Box

No comments:

Post a Comment