Friday, December 17, 2010

Your Hometown Hiker's Camping Stats 2010

 Gnometown at Buffalo Bill State Park, Cody, WY.

Black Betty and I got in plenty of "bag-nights" camping in our little Gnometown camper this year.
We did our first big trip to the Western States along with our Granddaughters, Aijia and Scout. It was a trip that we'll always cherish, being able to spend quality time with our two delightful girls and exploring the natural wonders of the Black Hills, Badlands, Yellowstone, and Grand Tetons.
This road trip ended up at 26 days and 5600 miles. We camped at 5 State Parks, 2 National Parks, and 1 State Recreation Area.

    Hobo Camp at Delfest 2010, Cumberland, MD.

We also were fortunate enough to attend 6 music festivals in 2010 for 15 days and nights of  the best live music played anywhere, anytime. I can't forget  to mention the joy of hanging with all of our Festivarian friends from around the country.
This year we went to Suwannee Springfest near Live Oak, FL, The Keel Family Function in  Lafayette, GA, DelFest in Cumberland MD, Music on the Mountain Top in Boone NC,
DelFest Carolina in Black Mountain, NC, and MagnoliaFest at Live Oak, FL.

   My brother, Matt and I in the Florida Panhandle.

I also managed to pull off 2 bicycle trips this year. In April, I rode with my brother Matt and another friend, Phil Potter for over 400 miles visiting State Parks in Florida. In late September I was able to complete my 5th Cycle North Carolina ride. This year we rode from Asheville to Ocean Isle, North Carolina for another 433 miles or so.

                     With Aijia, Scout, and Black Betty in The Grand Tetons, Wyoming. 


All in all, 2010 turned out to be a great camping year for your Hometown Hiker. With all the numbers totaled I had 41 nights in the little Gnometown pop-up and another 13 tent camping for a total of 54 bag night!
Not bad.....


3 comments:

  1. We had a great year and can't wait for 2011!!! BB

    ReplyDelete
  2. The end of July, I finely got my knee replacement surgery. I have had a good recovery. I hope to get some more camping and hiking in , in 2011. I know I will be getting more dutch oven cooking in. I love to live outdoors.
    Ron Clanton
    The Outlaw Gourmet

    ReplyDelete
  3. roguedutchovencookers.blogspot.com
    Please check us out.

    ReplyDelete