Monday, February 15, 2010

The Winter Blues

I think that I am ready for this winter weather to be over with. Snow seems to be followed by more snow. My bicycle mileage on February 15th is a meager 112 miles for 2010 and I'm getting too fat.

I have over-hauled my touring bike this winter, with hand-built wheels, new crankset, front and rear derailleurs, brakes, shifters, rear cassette, etc. Pretty much I kept the old hybrid frame, seat, fenders, racks, and handlebars. It's always been a comfortable ride and the relaxed geometry handles a touring-load as sure as a Grand Canyon mule.

As you can imagine, I'm ready to give the "troutmobile" a trial run. I'm putting her in the car on Thursday and heading to Florida to meet up with my brother, Matt. We are planning a little weekend bikepacking tour to cure these winter blues.



Posted by Picasa
The Troutmobile

4 comments:

  1. Aw. I'm jealous. Have fun!!! :)
    Love, Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got something like 273 miles in while in Florida - haven't been on the bike since getting back to all this snow. Have fun. What part of FL?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice touring rig! Heading south sounds great, winter here keeps pecking away at my good nature.

    I look forward to reading the post from your trip,

    Jack

    ReplyDelete