Monday, February 15, 2010

The Winter Blues

I think that I am ready for this winter weather to be over with. Snow seems to be followed by more snow. My bicycle mileage on February 15th is a meager 112 miles for 2010 and I'm getting too fat.

I have over-hauled my touring bike this winter, with hand-built wheels, new crankset, front and rear derailleurs, brakes, shifters, rear cassette, etc. Pretty much I kept the old hybrid frame, seat, fenders, racks, and handlebars. It's always been a comfortable ride and the relaxed geometry handles a touring-load as sure as a Grand Canyon mule.

As you can imagine, I'm ready to give the "troutmobile" a trial run. I'm putting her in the car on Thursday and heading to Florida to meet up with my brother, Matt. We are planning a little weekend bikepacking tour to cure these winter blues.



Posted by Picasa
The Troutmobile